Thanksgiving has arrived! It is not just simply about expressing gratitude to the blessings you have received in life, it is also the bonding you have
5 Home Moving Tips
Dated: October 15 2019
We all know how moving can be a tiring and gruesome experience that often gives us headaches. Although sometimes it could also be an enjoyable experience due to the fact that we will be moving to a new place and that we will have a new environment. Yet, home moving gets tough when we were at the phase of choosing the home moving service and packing to apply for. But in reality, it should not be that much of a problem.
Most likely, having a proper home moving plan can make your home moving easier and less stressful. Here are 5 home moving tips you can follow to consider:
1. Packing all items before the day of moving
- This is one of the most basic procedures before moving from your old home to your new one. You should have already prepared your belongings days before the set date of moving. This is to ensure that you won't be hassled of rushing the preparation of your belongings. Also, it is essential to pack all your belongings at least a few days before the date of moving so that you would not forget anything. It is also good to have a checklist of your belongings so that you can make sure you will not be forgetting anything. If you lack boxes for packing your belongings, you could grab some from the grocery or even from your hired home moving service.
2. Packing your fragile items
- Fragile items are often the most expensive items you have. These items are way more delicate compared to others. Most people have fragile items that get damaged during the home moving phase which results in unwanted losses. It is wise to pack these items and keep a close watch on the box or boxes they are in. This ensures that you won't necessarily get losses but also avoid any damages that could be done to them. It would be better to mark the box where you would put these fragile items in. You could also instruct the home moving service to be extra careful with these boxes so that they could also be extra cautious of these boxes. But thankfully, most home moving services already ask in advance if you have fragile items since they are also aware that they would also want you to not have any unwanted damages or losses from your belongings during the home moving phase.
3. Booking your home moving service
- One of the most common mistakes of other people is that they hire a home moving service on the day they will move instead of applying for their services in advance. This means that one must find a home moving service and apply for their services before your home moving date. It is better to be prepared in advance rather than to do things in impromptu. This removes the risk of you not finding a good home moving service. It also reduces the risk of being a victim of poor transport service which often leads to damage to your belongings, losses, additional stress and other negative feelings. So, do not take the risk and always book your home moving service in advance.
4. Check out your home moving service
- Nowadays, with the help of modern technology, we can see reviews for home moving services online. This means there are people who can share with you what they experienced when they hired a home moving service, whether it may be positive or negative. This helps others decide which home moving service to hire since people won't post negative reviews if something bad or unpleasant did not happen when they hired that home moving service. That is why, as much as possible, try to check online for reviews or testimonies of others who used that home moving service you plan to hire before hiring them so that you can have a general idea of what service to expect from them.
5. Keep it practical
- Choosing a home moving service does not necessarily mean that you must choose the most expensive one in the list of home moving services. The higher the price does not mean that their service is also top of the line. Given a large number of home moving services, try to check them out properly before deciding. Never decide which home moving service to hire just based on their hiring price. Most likely, choose a home moving service that you can afford so that you also won't exceed your budget.
Are you looking for a realtor who cares more about you than their commission? I became a Realtor because I bought my first house about 7 years ago, and I absolutely loved the process. As a first tim....