Thanksgiving has arrived! It is not just simply about expressing gratitude to the blessings you have received in life, it is also the bonding you have
Tips to Reduce Stress when Buying or Selling a House
Dated: October 3 2019
Have you noticed that when you undergo the process of buying or selling a home, you feel the stress accompanied by it? With all certainty, the event of buying or selling a home can be compared to any other major life event in terms of the amount of stress you can get from it. This process is not accomplished easily, it will take a very long time and stretch out your patience and budget. As we know, our home property is the biggest asset we have. It is something we have invested a lot of money and time to. Selling your home also makes you emotional and sentimental because you have spent years inside that home and now you are going to sell it to another person.
There are several ways to cope up with the stress you accumulate during the process of selling or buying a home. The following stress management methods could help you reduce the level of stress you have:
1. A Trustworthy Real Estate Agent
- Most home buyers or sellers hire a real estate agent to aid them in the process of putting their property in the market or finding a property they want on the market. We know that having a real estate agent that we can trust can reduce the amount of stress we could have from the process of buying or selling a property. A great real estate agent will value your input, time, goals and budget. You see, your realtor will be the one who will do most of the paperwork that often add stress to a person due to the amount of papers you need to handle. Your real estate agent will also be responsible in marketing your property to the market, to represent you in the negotiations for the deal, to safeguard your interests, and to provide you additional knowledge so that you can make better decisions regarding the matter. Finding a good real estate agent is great, but finding one that is also trustworthy will be better for he/she can communicate with you easily and he/she keeps your best interests in mind before doing any action.
2. Eat a Healthy Diet
- Yes, eating a healthy diet totally has an impact on how anxious you become during the process of buying or selling a home. Our health has effects on several factors that we feel. Did you know that when you are dehydrated, when you have low blood sugar, you tend to have faster mood swings? High-sugar diets also have a big impact on your mood. When we get stressed, we tend to seek out foods with high levels of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates help our brain in the production of serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that promotes a feeling of well-being.
- We do know that regular exercise benefits not only our physical health but also our emotional health. But during the process of selling or buying a property, we tend to get busy and forget the activity of exercising. If you can, always try to engage on exercise activities because it helps your body to release endorphins. Endorphins interact with the receptors in your brain that reduce your perception of pain. Endorphins also trigger a positive feeling in the body. So, in the end, exercising makes us go into a different space that makes us forget our worries for a while. You can simply take a walk after dinner, to some stretches in the morning, play sports with your kids or neighbors, swim in your pool. There are tons of ways to engage in exercising your body but the best method would be to find an exercise that you enjoy. This is because if you enjoy it, you will keep on going for it. You can do it at least once every day or every other day depending on your schedule.
4. Getting in Your Social Circle
- In times of stress, we tend to seek the company of our family or friends. It has already been proven that having time with your social circle provides tons of benefits which includes:
a) relieve the effects of emotional stress
b) improve our self-esteem
c) cope effectively with stressful situations
d) promotes healthy lifestyle choices
So, when you feel the stress and tension rising up, try engaging in exercises, find time to grab a chat with your friends, go out with your family, and eat a proper diet. These are simple ways to reduce the stress we get from buying or selling a property.
Are you looking for a realtor who cares more about you than their commission? I became a Realtor because I bought my first house about 7 years ago, and I absolutely loved the process. As a first tim....